Who doesn't like nachos? I believe it is one of the most popular appetizers served in restaurants today. Chevy's Fresh Mex is famous for their original fajita nachos which are individually layered tortilla triangles topped with refried beans and your favorite fajita meat and cheese. This is an easy recipe to use leftover bits of fajita fixings.
Ingredients for Fajita Nachos
- 16 tortilla chips
- 1 envelope of fajita seasoning mix
- 1 uncooked boneless chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 1 vidalia onion cut into strips
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute chicken, peppers and onions according to seasoning packet.
- When done, drain mixture and set aside.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet.
- Layer fajita mixture on top of the tortilla chips.
- Layer shredded cheeses on top of the chicken.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler to melt the cheeses.
- Add garnishes.