Ingredients for Chipotle Grilled Steak Marinade
- 4 small steakes (6oz)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 (2oz) package dried ancho chiles
- Soak dry chilies overnight in water.
- Remove seeds.
- Add all ingredients except meat in a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over the steak and refrigerate at least one hour up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill and cook steaks until done. About 8-10 minutes per side.