Chipotle Mexican Grill is a chain of restaurants specializing in burritos and tacos. The restaurant is know for its large burritos using all natural ingredients with the choice of chicken, pork carnitas, barbacoa steak. This restaurant copycat recipe for cilantro lime rice is one of the choices to add to your burrito or rice bowl on the menu.
- 2/3 cup white basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime
- In a 2 quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over low heat.
- Add rice and the juice from half of one fresh lime.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a full boil.
- Cover, turn down to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed. About 25 minutes.
- Add the chopped cilantro and the juice from the other half of the lime.
- Fluff rice with a fork.